Sunday, November 14, 2010

Module VI

Explain:
Phun Physics was a lot of great new information.  I had never thought of evaporation as a cooling process but after reading about it there was a definite aha moment for me.  I also appreciated the safety lessons for doing labs.  We pretend to be scientist when we do labs in our school and the kids love the goggles...but they are the cool ones that look like oversized glasses and are a lot easieer to put off and on.
Extend:
What I plan to use with my students is the NASA sites.  These I will bookmark for future use.  NASA sites are always great  and there are so many to choose from.
Evaluate: 
After the week we had here in Cooper Landing with over 30 inches of fresh snow falling onto the ground I definitely experienced the relationship between the jetstreams and how it affects the weather where we live and found this on the TD site:
What Causes the Gulf Stream? 


and saw that the polar front jet stream is instrumental in both creating and moving storms over the United States. This weather also causes havoc on internet out here because all of our systems have gone down and been slow which makes me wish I had more time in a day to remove snow as well as do my work. 


Blogs I visited this week:
Kris Owens  blog was of interest to me as she teaches in the same district as I do and I learned some more about the school she teaches at and things they do.
Kenai Kathy East has a really outstanding blog with the great links to volcanoes, tsunamis and earthquakes.
Tyler's Alaskanwisdom had some great insight into how the weather affects the deer population.

No comments:

Post a Comment