Saturday, November 6, 2010

Module V

Module V
Explain: What new learning or reflections have you taken from this module? 
the ideas.

Warmer Oceans Affect Food Web  was an interesting video to watch since they had ideas that the oil spill was not the only reason for the decline in habitat in Prince William Sound.  With a decline in the amount of small forage fish, herring, and sand lance there has been a decline in sea lions  not only in PWS but also in the Gulf.  This to me is of great interest becuse I remember when I was in college in Florida and a guy I knew was going to fly up and help clean up the oil spill. Being in Florida and reading about the spill all the focus was on the tanker, but after hearing first hand accounts of someone who cleaned it up on the beaches left me to believe that oil was going to ruin that part of the world. 

This site was really cool:
it was great reading and I even forwarded the link to others that I know. Their home page was really cool too. I had fun reading the qoutes and reflecting on my youth  when I lived  closer to the sea, when actually i onlylive an hour away from it here in Cooper Landing.


Extend: How might you use this week’s information and resources in your lessons? 
This weeks information that will be utilized includes:
Destiny of Density Differences - Lab!








Evaluate: How useful, insightful or relevant are this module’s information and resources?
This weeks information is relevant in the fact we are trying to use Google Earth for classwork.  Technology is the issue out here in Cooper Landing when there are days we get very slow response times on the internet.
blogs visited this week:
Sabrina Sutton's    I thought it was great that Sabrina had come to appreciate more about herself as she experienced more of life off of the island.
amy peeke has a beautiful family pic from Mass and a great family tradition.
Alison Larsen    I enjoyed visiting your site and liked reading about your thoughts with interesting ocean facts.  I emailed that link to some people to see and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment