Sunday, October 31, 2010

Module IV

Explain:  I am enjoying using Google Earth through this classroom because I have wanted to teach more about it to my students.  The seismic activity page is a really good one compared to the one I had been using.  http://www.aeic.alaska.edu/recent/sub/index.html
As well as the ruler feature of Google Earth.  There is a lot of cool stuff to learn about navigating this web site.
Extend: This has been a really good week for me to help plan my unit on Volcanoes for my class.  Through technology and some hands on projects I feel really good about how much information the students will get.  The Aleutian Trench
Evaluate:  I found the opening page of module IV to be the most enlightening.  It reminded me of why I wanted to come to Alaska 18 years ago.  I wanted to feel the earth move and to be able to see it happen.  As much as the eruption of Mount Redoubt changed my travel plans as we were in the air and redirected to Fairbanks I love the fact that Alaska has moods in its seasons and you need to be prepared for anything.


visits  this week
http://www.scienceinalaska.blogspot.com/  Alicia Weaver’s site has “The joy of the journey is in the ride”  she seems to be an adventurous person enjoyingher first assignment in Alaska

I agree with you on the footage and imaging being better on our site here versus discoveryeducation.com which has become our new science book in our district.

Iliked the way she set up her blog so you click on the modules as a link.  My goal is to try to do that versus having everything post as it does on my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment